Call For Papers
As digital computing and communication become faster, cheaper and less power consuming, these capabilities are increasingly embedded in many objects and structures in the physical environment. Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are co-engineered interacting networks of physical and computational components. These systems will provide the foundation of our critical infrastructure, form the basis of emerging and future smart services, and improve our quality of life in many areas. For instance, a multitude of CPS devices and applications exist in industrial, transportation, medical, home-security, building automation, emergency management, power, and many other systems, which serve critical functions in our lives. However, there are several issues and challenges remain open in this field, such as robust and real-time communication, network heterogeneity, data security and privacy, safety, etc.
This Workshop seeks novel submissions describing practical and theoretical solutions to challenges facing CPS and Internet of Things. Submissions may represent any application area for CPS. Work-in-progress submissions are also welcome.
Check the topics of interest for more details.
Towards the goal of the TC-CPS, the topics of interest for the workshop include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Systems, Technology and Foundations of CPS
- Emerging applications and use cases in CPS
- Cloud, Middleware and Networks for CPS
- Communication and networking for CPS
- Cellular systems (e.g. 4G, 5G) for CPS
- MAC-layer and network-layer protocol design for CPS
- D2D, and machine type communications
- Energy efficient communications for the CPS
- Vehicular communication design
- Coexistence of wireless technologies in CPS
- SDR, SDN and NFV as enabling technologies for CPS
- Data security and privacy for CPS
- Safety and security co-engineering
- Dependability in CPS (real-time, reliability, availability, safety, security)
- Modeling, simulation and visualization of CPS
- Big data modeling and analytics for CPS
- Control and Optimization of CPS
- Real-time systems for CPS