Hans Hansson is professor in Real-Time Systems at Mälardalen University since 1997. He is director of Mälardalen Real-Time Research Centre, Scientific Leader at RISE SICS Västerås. He received an MSc (Engineering Physics), a Licentiate degree (Computer Systems), a BA (Business Administration), and a Doctor of Technology degree (Computer Systems) from Uppsala University (UU), Sweden, in 1981, 1984, 1984 and 1992. Prof. Hansson’s previous appointments include being director of the nat’l research programme ARTES, visiting prof. and dept. chair at the Dept. of Computer Systems, Uppsala University, visiting Professor at Univarsitat de les Illes Balears, Spain, and researcher and scientific advisor at the Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS) in Stockholm.
Prof. Hansson has been member of the Swedish Research Council Computer Science evaluation committee for 8 years, including being chair in 2014-2016. He has as main applicant received more than 500 MSEK in external funding, including several larger national and European grants. He is leading the initiative PROMPT that is developing online courses for professionals, anf that was awarded the European Digital Skills award in 2016.
Research in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Software Engineering. Focus on distributed embedded systems with contributions in data communication, real-time systems, system development, and modelling & analysis. Specific (selected) contributions related to Component-based design of safety-critical real-time embedded systems, Modelling and analysis of real-time communication, Real-time testing and debugging, Development of automotive control software, Formal modelling of timing and probability, Functional Safety and Cybersecurity of industrial and vehicular systems.
Author/co-author 250+ peer-reviewed scientific publications; cited 6100+ times, with h-index 32 and i-10 index 72 according to Google Scholar January 2021
Ten selected publications:
1. A logic for reasoning about time and reliability. H Hansson, B Jonsson. Formal aspects of computing, 1994, 6 (5).
2. Analysing real-time communications: controller area network (CAN). KW Tindell, H Hansson, AJ Wellings. Proc. IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1994.
3. Improved response-time analysis calculations. M Sjodin, H Hansson. Proc. IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1998.
4. Integrating reliability and timing analysis of CAN-based systems. HA Hansson, T Nolte, C Norstrom, S Punnekkat. IEEE transactions on Industrial Electronics 49 (6), 1240-1250, 2002.
5. Worst-case execution-time analysis for embedded real-time systems. J Engblom, A Ermedahl, M Sjödin, J Gustafsson, H Hansson. International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, 4 (4), 2003.
6. SaveCCM - a component model for safety-critical real-time systems. H Hansson, M Åkerholm, I Crnkovic, M Törngren. Proc. Euromicro Conference, 2004.
7. A Method to Generate Reusable Safety Case Fragments from Compositional Safety Analysis. Irfan Sljivo, Barbara Gallina, Jan Carlson, Hans Hansson, Stefano Puri. Journal of Systems and Software: Special Issue on Software Reuse (SR-JSS 2017).
8. Inadequate risk analysis might jeopardize the functional safety of modern systems. Kaj Hänninen, Hans Hansson, Henrik Thane and Mehrdad Saadatmand. arXiv:1808.10308, August 2018.
9. Cybersecurity Challenges in Large Industrial IoT Systems. Björn Leander, Aida Causevic and Hans Hansson. The 24th IEEE Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA 2019), September 2019.
10. Access Control for Smart Manufacturing Systems. Björn Leander, Aida Causevic, Hans Hansson, Tomas Lindström
2nd Workshop on Systems, Architectures, and Solutions for Industry 4.0 (SASI4), September 2020.
Safe and secure platooning of automated guided vehicles in Industry 4.0 (Oct 2021) Muhammad Atif Javed, Faiz Ul Muram, Sasikumar Punnekkat, Hans Hansson Journal of Systems Architecture, 2021 (JSA)
Using UPPAAL to Verify Recovery in a Fault-tolerant Mechanism Providing Persistent State at the Edge (Sep 2021) Zeinab Bakhshi Valojerdi, Guillermo Rodriguez-Navas, Hans Hansson 2021 ETFA – IEEE 26th International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA)
A Questionnaire Study on the Use of Access Control in Industrial Systems (Sep 2021) Björn Leander, Aida Causevic, Hans Hansson, Tomas Lindström 26th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA 2021)
Synchronisation of an Automotive Multi-concern Development Process (Aug 2021) Martin Skoglund, Fredrik Warg , Hans Hansson, Sasikumar Punnekkat 40th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (SAFECOMP-2021)
Toward an ideal Access Control Strategy for Industry 4.0 Manufacturing Systems (Aug 2021) Björn Leander, Aida Causevic, Hans Hansson, Tomas Lindström Journal of IEEE Access (IEEE-Access)
|ARRAY - Automation Region Research Academy||active|
|ARROWS - Design Techniques for Adaptive Embedded Systems||finished|
|CIRCLE LAB - innovative learning approach for circular chemistry in secondary education||active|
|Civilingenjör 4.0 Module C11 "Cyber Security, Industrial Data Protection and Data Integrity"||active|
|Closing the safety-security gap in software intensive systems||finished|
|DAIS - Distributed Artificial Intelligent Systems||active|
|ELECTRA - Evaluation of different communication technologies for heavy duty vehicle platooning||finished|
|ESCAPE - Efficient and effective functional safety for complex autonomous production systems||active|
|FIA - Strategic research into safety and security for the automation industry||finished|
|FlexiHealth: flexible softwarized networks for digital healthcare||finished|
|FORA - Fog Computing for Robotics and Industrial Automation||active|
|Future factories in the Cloud||active|
|Hi5 - A Holistic and Improved Infrastructure for Increased Industrial Impact of research||finished|
|IndTech Industrial Technology Graduate School||active|
|ITS-EASY Post Graduate School for Embedded Software and Systems||finished|
|KIT - Competence needs and courses for professionals in IT and competitive production||finished|
|MESSI - Methods for innovation development in software intensive systems||finished|
|PG-Demo-SAVE The SAVE demonstrator||finished|
|Process Industrial Big Data Analytics||finished|
|PROMPT - Professional Master’s in Software Engineering (step II)||finished|
|PROMPT - Professional Master’s in Software Engineering (step II, phase B&C)||active|
|PROMPT - Professional Master’s program in Software Engineering (step I)||finished|
|RATAD - Reliability and Timing Analysis of Distributed systems||finished|
|RetNet - The European Industrial Doctorate Programme on Future Real-Time Networks||finished|
|SaDIES. Safe Dynamic Software Instrumentation for Embedded Systems||finished|
|SafeCer - Safety Certification of Software-Intensive Systems with Reusable Components||finished|
|SafeCOP - Safe Cooperating Cyber-Physical Systems using Wireless Communication||active|
|SUCCESS: Safety assurance of Cooperating Construction Equipment in Semi-automated Sites||active|
|SYNOPSIS - Safety Analysis for Predictable Software Intensive Systems||finished|
|TATOO - Test and Testability of Distributed Real-Time Systems||finished|
|TESTit - Testing techniques for real-time systems||finished|
|TIMERS - Timing analysis, modeling and evaluation of RTS||finished|
|Warping - Wait and lock free synchronisation mechanisms||finished|
Alireza Dehlaghi Ghadim
Andreas Ermedahl (former)
Francisco Pozo (former)
Hang Yin (former)
Irfan Sljivo (former)
Joel Huselius (former)
Predrag Filipovikj (former)
Sara Abbaspour Asadollah (former)
Stefan Björnander (former)
Thomas Nolte (former)
Zeinab Bakhshi Valojerdi
|Adaptability in Embedded Real-Time Systems||in progress|
|Verifiering och integrering av komponenter i gemensamma system||in progress|
|CoDeSys on CCP for Bromma Conquip||finished|
|Evalueringsmodell för progress m.a.p realibilitet||finished|
|The Mode Switch Logic implementation in the ProCOM component model||finished|
|CMS for making interactive quiz-homepages with responsive design for smartphones||on-hold|